There are tens of thousands of Scouting alumni living in the Mid-South. Did you ever play in the mud at Camp Currier, go for a swim in the South Fork River, or hike up the hill at Camp Tallaha? Maybe your Scouting experience was in a town or city outside of the Mid-South? There is no doubt that your experience was as meaningful no matter where you called yourself a Scout.
How can you get involved? There are lots of meaningful ways to help young people.
Consider these examples:
- Serve on the staff for a district camporee or council event
- Sit on an Eagle Scout board of review
- Become a merit-badge counselor
- Help sit on the Chickasaw Council Golf Tournament Committee
- Give strategic direction to the camping committee
- Host a fundraising event at your home
- Help find goods and supplies for camp
If you would like more information on how to re-engage locally, please email The Chickasaw Council Director of Field Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.scouting.org/alumni.