Making our involvement in the environment a priority.
Are you looking for local conservation happenings? If so, this is the place to plug in. Visit often for updates.
- Prepare and update the Council Master Conservation Plan
- Identify project opportunities for Cubs, Scouts and Venture Scouts
- Encourage and publicize activities by individuals and units that further the cause of conservation.
- Briefly describe the benefits of using this service. Change the picture to one of your own, such as a picture of the service.
- Visit Roundtables
- Ensure regular offerings of key badges
- Establish opportunities in:
- Energy conservation
- Soil & water conservation
- Air & water pollution control
- Resource recovery
- Hazardous materials
- Summer camp opportunities
- Conservation camporee development
Conservation Committee Members
Chairman Mike Racer, Scouter
George Harvell, Scouter & LNT Master Instructor
Vaughn Cassidy, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
Jeremy Palazolo—ex Officio
Jerry Garrett, US Geological Survey
Steve Smith, Shelby Forest State Park
Matt Farr, Shelby Farms Conservancy
Cathy Marcinko, Wolf River Conservancy
Mike Hamrick, Memphis Light, Gas and Water
Keven Routon, Sierra Club Conservation Chair
Justin Thayer, Mississippi Wildlife, Fish and Parks