District Executive Position Available - Greenwood, Grenada and Charleston, MS
Position: The Boy Scouts of America – District Executive Position
Position location: Greenwood, Grenada and Charleston, MS
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this
country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with
fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping
youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and
Today's professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women
sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and
stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to
continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation,
benefits and advancement.
The District Executive selected will:
Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community
and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire
them to become involved in youth programs.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which
include: program development through collaborative relationships,
volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic,
fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through
- Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned
area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned
camps and activities.
- Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working
relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive
must have communication skills and be able to explain the program's
goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
- Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with
diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual,
responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and
strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America's
leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
(transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for
21 years of age or older.
Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities
and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
The Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In
addition to offering a competitive salary at $30,000 the Boy Scouts of
America offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage,
dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death,
a defined benefit retirement plan, a supplemental retirement plan
(thrift plan) plus compensation for authorized and approved business
related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also
offer generous vacation policy and ten holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. Only the most qualified candidates will be
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be
found at this link: