Friends of Scouting
Click here for the Family FOS Video
The Annual Fundraising Campaign
This campaign is the Council's largest revenue source contributing to the annual operating budget. In recent years, Scouting has had to rely on greater support from individuals and families as corporate and foundation gifts have become more restricted and less available. There are four primary vehicles for making a Friends of Scouting gift. These gifts may be made in the form of a pledge commitment and paid out over the course of a calendar year.
- Annual Friends of Scouting Pacesetter Dinner - typically held in first quarter - this event brings thousands of donors together for one evening of food, fellowship and an inspirational message from a well-known national celebrity.
- Family Friends of Scouting - there are no local fees or dues collected by the Chickasaw Council, therefore we invite Scout families and alumni to consider covering their fair-share of annual expenses, based on their ability to give.
- Community Campaign - volunteer chairmen solicit local business and individuals to support Scouting for the common good of the community.
- Gifts-in-Kind - the Council will accept gifts in kind in lieu of cash for specific budgeted items such as: paper supplies, camp meals, program supplies, and professional development.
- Silent Auction at FOS dinner – all proceeds of the FOS silent auction will go to our fundraising campaign. Please consider donating an item or gift certificate from your place of business.
Over the last century, the Boy Scouts have been known for their ability to match passion with action by recruiting teams of capable volunteers to raise needed funds. Regardless of ones ability, an individual can have significant impact by reaching out to friends and associates on behalf of the mission of the Boy Scouts. This campaign's success is dependent upon these volunteers.
If you would like to make an annual gift now, please click here.
For more Friends of Scouting information and/or involvement, contact the Council's Director of Field Services, Kevin Litt at 901-327-4193 or email@example.com.