Ken Kenworthy Memorial
Each year an annual fishing trip is held in the Florida Keys, at National Boy Scouts of America Seabase in Islamorada, FL, the sportfishing captial of the world. This event is held in memory of Mr. Ken Kenworthy, a life-long Memphian, Eagle Scout and former Council president.
Mr. Ken Kenworthy was an Eagle Scout and lived his life as an example of his commitment to the Scout Oath, serving God, his country and others. He was a faithful servant to his Lord. Here are some other positions and noteworthy memories:
- He served his country as an offficer in the United States Navy
- He was a thirty-year veteran of the Boy Scouts, serving as a member of the Chickasaw Council, Boy Scouts of America Executive Board since 1979
- In 1991 the Chickasaw Council awarded Mr. Kenworthy the Silver Beaver for distinguished service to youth
- He was a Brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow
- He served as 2004-2005 Chickasaw Council President
- He served as 2003-2004 Chickasaw Council Vice President
Mr. Ken Kenworthy's lifetime commitment to the Boy Scouts in every capacity provided great leadership and example for all who served and continue to serve.
Proceeds from this fishing trip go to the Ken Kenworthy Campership Fund.
For more information about this event, contact the The Chickasaw Council Director of Field Services Phil Shipley at 901-327-4193 or email@example.com.